Westminster Bible Chapel is joining New Westminster CRC in facilitating a community engagement project called, “Triple Blessing”. Our hope is to bless our neighbourhood during this challenging time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is it?
Extending encouragement to care-home workers in neighbourhood care-home facilities by giving a free boxed meal bought from local, small, family-run eateries struggling to stay in business during COVID-19 outbreak. Read a report on the first delivery by New Westminster CRC HERE.
Why “Triple Blessing?”
1. You are blessed when you give to those in need!
2. Workers in care homes are encouraged because you remember them (remember, about 50% of COVID related deaths are in care homes).
3. Small businesses get a lift from the financial crisis through the food bought from your giving. For such a time as this, let us be a good neighbour by giving a practical, and tasty, gift of encouragement and care to our front-line workers! A donation of $10 will provide one boxed meal to a care-home staff person. We hope to bless as many care-home workers as possible. 100% of your donation will go directly to purchasing meals!
How can I help?
1) Click HERE to donate online via PayPal Giving. A donation receipt will be sent directly to you.
You can also donate by mailing a cheque to New Westminster CRC, including a note to specify that the donation is for “triple blessing.”
2) Contact Jaya Abraham if you know of any small, family-run eateries in the church neighbourhood whose business is severely impacted by the pandemic.
3) Contact Jaya if you are able to help deliver meals or write notes of encouragement. (Details below)
Leave a note
If you would like to leave a note of encouragement and thanks to be sent along with the meal, click HERE to write a note that will accompany the food to be delivered to care home workers!
Jaya Abraham is the contact person at WBC. He can be contacted at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
His telephone number is in the Chapel Directory.