We live in exciting times where technology and social media make our world shrink smaller everyday and where we now are able to be with our friends and family at any moment or at any place we chose on any day. This “shrinking” of the world does not come without challenges and today we are living in times that are evident of these challenges with the spread of the Corona virus due to easy access of travel throughout the world.
These things do not make us hopeless or fearful of the future, but make us realize that we need to plan and react to challenges such as this very contagious virus, when they come. We know that God is in control of all things and that he loves and protects us as His children and as part of His universal church, but He also asks us to be prudent and wise in living our lives.
With this in mind, the leadership at WBC would like to make the following suggestions and changes to our meetings and activities as a church.
1. On a personal level, make every effort to protect yourself and your family by washing your hands and using hand sanitizer as much as possible.
2. If you are sick with any type of contagious illness like flu or a cold, please stay home and get treatment and heal up before you attend any meetings.
3. If you experience a slight fever, coughing and shortness of breath, please stay home and see a doctor before coming to any meetings.
4. When we meet as a church we will all understand and appreciate a measure of greater personal space. In light of the high risk of transferring this illness let us for the near future cut down on handshakes, hugs and the likes and afford each other more personal space without losing any of the display of our love for one another.
5. We are planning some changes to our communion practice during this difficult time and will inform and guide the congregation as we meet for our remembrance meal.
6. As for our fellowship time we think it may be wise to suspend this for the next month as we keep an eye on developments.
7. We are canceling our fellowship meal planned for March 29, 2020.
8. As for other group activities of the church, please be flexible for postponements or cancellations as needed. It may even become necessary to suspend our worship services for a while. We will keep you updated and let you know if this is needed.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but think we need to place the safety and health of WBC attendees first at this point.
On behalf of the elders,