Our purpose at Westminster Bible Chapel, as a community of believers, is to worship the Lord, to teach and equip each other, and to reach the world for Christ. (You can read the full purpose as stated in our Constitution by downloading the PDF below.)
Our Statement of Faith is a declaration of those matters that are essential to the existence and life of the community of Christians known as Westminster Bible Chapel.
• We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, trustworthy and authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that for the salvation of lost sinful humanity regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling Christians are enabled to live godly lives.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved (those in relationship with God through Jesus Christ) and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
This is a summary of the Statement of Faith of Westminster Bible Chapel. You can view the formal Statement of Faith by downloading the PDF below.